Humane Society of Greater Kansas City
Housebroken and crate trained
Good with older kids
Good with some dogs. Not good with cats.
Redmond is a cute American Staffordshire Terrier mix! He’s 4 years old and weighs 66 lbs. He’s playful and silly and lots of fun– and he loves playing in the kiddie pool!
• Redmond is very friendly and loves people. He loves treats (and apples), and he’s eager to please so he’s easy to train, and enjoys learning.
• Redmond would be fine in a home with kids over 5 years old who are comfortable around larger dogs. Redmond lights up when he sees kids, so we think he’d love a human brother and/or sister!
• Redmond gets along with some but not all dogs. He could live with another dog but Redmond would prefer to be the center of attention. For this reason, we’d like Redmond to find a home with someone who has experience with dogs who are selective about their doggie friends.
• Redmond is not good with cats and must have a home without cats and without small, furry animals.
,•Redmond loves walks, but more than anything he’s a snuggler who enjoys hanging out with humans! He’s a medium energy boy, so one good walk a day and maybe some play time will meet his energy needs.
• Redmond is house and kennel trained.
• Redmond was found as a stray and the poor guy had several lacerations on his nose and under his armpits. We’re not sure what caused them, but he’s healed up now. He’s also been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.
• He’ll be a good match for someone wanting an active, fun dog who’s a bit of a diamond in the “ruff”!
MORE ON ADOPTING OUR DOGS…
Thanks for considering adopting a rescue pet through the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City!
Here’s what to expect when you adopt a pet:
• Complete and submit your online application.
• A member of our staff will review your information and contact you to schedule an appointment.
• Your appointment will include a conversation with an adoption counselor and ample time to visit the pet of your choice or one of our other adoptable pets. Keep in mind that some of our pets are in our facility while others are with foster parents.
• Once you have made the decision to adopt a pet, we will reserve him or her for you. If your pet has had a recent bath and wellness check by our veterinarian, you may be able to take him or her home the same day! In other cases, we will need to arrange pick up a day or two later. Our goal is to send you home with a healthy pet!
• In addition to having the support of our staff you’ll receive information (and coupons) to help your new pet adjust to his or her new home.
• We also have leashes, collars, toys and other supplies available.
About healthy pets:
• All of our dogs & puppies have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, dewormed, treated for fleas & ticks, tested for heartworms (7 mo. and over), and are on monthly heartworm preventative.
• Puppies who are too young to receive all the necessary puppy boosters and/or first rabies shot may be brought back to us for those vaccines at no extra charge.
• Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking all necessary precautions to keep our staff and clients safe. This includes wearing masks and limiting the number of people inside our shelter at any given time.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Dog Adoption Contact Info: