Humane Society of Greater Kansas City
Housebroken and crate trained
Good with kids
Good with some dogs. Cats unknown.
• Sela is fairly energetic and she loves to go for walks.
• She’s a big strong girl! She’ll need a home with someone who has dog experience and can handle a strong dog on walks etc.
• She’s very smart and has had some obedience training.
• Sela has gone on weekend overnights with a volunteer and she’s done very well in the home. She acts like she’s lived in a home before. She’s done well with being crated and only had a couple accidents when loose.
• Sela is choosy with other dogs, so if you have a dog we’d ask you to bring your dog in to meet her so we could see if they could be buddies. She may do best as an only pet.
• She has a prey drive and needs a home without cats.
• She’s kid friendly but she does get very excited when meeting people and needs some manners so that she learns not to jump up, so we think teenage kids would be best.
• Sela is not very vocal. She’d probably do okay in an apartment as long as her person provided plenty of exercise for her.
• Sela was originally picked up by KCK Animal Services as a stray. She was there for several months so we transferred her to our shelter to find her a home. She has been spayed, vaccinated, microchipped and tested for heart worms. Sela has so much love to give— she will be a loyal and adoring companion!
MORE ON ADOPTING OUR DOGS…
Thanks for considering adopting a rescue pet through the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City!
Here’s what to expect when you adopt a pet:
• Complete and submit your online application.
• A member of our staff will review your information and contact you to schedule an appointment.
• Your appointment will include a conversation with an adoption coordinator and ample time to visit the pet of your choice or one of our other adoptable pets. Keep in mind that some of our pets are in our facility while others are with foster parents.